DEEPCAST Clear Casting Resin (CER) 1,5 kg
Your resin for high backfill: DEEPCAST
Resin is also great to work with beyond classic painting grounds: Cast large potting heights, high volumes, fancy shapes and 3-D impressions. We also recommend our DEEPCAST resin for casting larger objects and the popular resin tables.
With DEEPCAST, you will experience resin in a whole new way and discover many more exciting possibilities in the resin world.
The product DEEPCAST
What it is.
DEEPCAST is a two-component resin and one of the highest quality products on the market. It is easy and safe to use. With DEEPCAST you will create impressive objects.
What it can do.
DEEPCAST becomes a hard and glass-like cast when its two individual components are mixed. It also offers the best possible protection against yellowing. This is ensured by so-called UV stabilizers: our products contain a UV absorber and HALS (Hindered Amine Light Stabilizer).
We developed DEEPCAST specifically to fill cavities. This makes it perfect for making a Rivers Table, for example. Pour up to twelve liters in one pass with DEEPCAST and achieve a layer height of 5 cm and more.
DEEPCAST has a long curing time, which means that it does not shrink when curing - an important aspect for craft and artistic design. The reason for this is the low heat generation. With DEEPCAST, the exothermic reaction when resin and hardener combine is much weaker than with other resin systems. Otherwise, it would not be possible to work with these large
Measuring, mixing and processing of DEEPCAST
- The resin and hardener of DEEPCAST are mixed 2:1 by volume. Place the two components in a mixing vessel.
- Stir the measured quantity in the mixing vessel. Use a stirring rod for this purpose. Stir slowly and carefully, for 3-5 minutes; including at the bottom and edges of the mixing vessel.
- Your mixture is ready and you now have 25 hours* to process the resin. After that, it will become too thick and begin to harden.
- You have prepared your mold accordingly beforehand. Now pour the resin mixture into the mold.
- Protect your work from dust or other foreign objects by working in as dust-free an environment as possible. Cover it when it is finished.
This is something you should be aware of:
Although our resins are formulated with the most advanced and safest epoxy chemicals available, you should handle all epoxies responsibly and proactively ensure your safety:
- Always wear nitrile gloves.
- Wear a dust mask and, even better, safety glasses when sanding cured resin.
- It is advisable to work in a well-ventilated area.
- Avoid skin contact (if resin gets on skin, wash with plenty of soap and water).
- DO NOT eat, drink or smoke while working.
- If eyes are contaminated, wash with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical attention immediately.
- Adding inks/varnishes/mica powder/glitter to epoxy changes its properties and may reduce its non-toxicity. If using alcohol inks, DO NOT use flame to remove bubbles as alcohol is flammable.
*DEEPCAST does not contain a drying accelerator. Therefore, both processing and curing times for this resin are significantly longer than those for others.
These data can be found in our overview table
DEEPCAST is available in the following sizes: 1.5 l, 3 l, 7.5 l 37.5 l
1 of 1 reviews
July 6, 2021 13:04
Perfekt für dicke Schichten.
Perfekt für höhere Schichten. Absolut klar und vergilbungsfrei. Auch nach 3 Jahren immernoch absolut klar. Den UV test findet ihr hier. https://youtube.com/channel/UC58W9Yt8WYoAwa0U4dCqqAA